If you are an aspiring architect then you will have to complete basic education i.e. a Bachelor’s in Architecture is a must. One should have passed Higher Secondary examination with at least 50% marks in three subjects – Math, Chemistry and Physics. Some of the Best Colleges for Architecture in India conducts an entrance test to select the candidates.
Bachelor’s of Architecture program incorporates a whole lot of subjects such as-
- History of architecture
- Architectural design
- Methods of construction
- Management of materials
- Structural designing
- Environmental planning
- Estimation and costing
- Applied mechanics
- Computer applications
Some of the institutes also include software packages associated to architecture such as AutoCAD and 3D studio max. B.Arch Colleges in India offer practical training to the students, which is a vital part of this program. They can work as an intern or apprentice under an expert and established architect.
After completing this degree course, one can also choose to study diploma courses offered by the Architecture Colleges in India, if you are not willing to pursue post graduation. Some of the essential skills that you must possess as an architect are as follows-
- Outstanding communication, observational and sketching skills, stunning imagination and a creative or innovative bent of mind.
- One should be equipped with legal knowledge and social awareness along with designing and entrepreneurial skills.
- One should know about the aspects of building technology adequately so that customer’s designing requirements could be achieved.
- Ability to work on system so as to write specifications, manage finances, and drafting from two- and three-dimensions.
- Ability to work with a team, lead it and manage it.